SKU: KIT-SMP500-IWS88 Dual 8" In-Wall Subwoofer w/ Reinforced Back Bridge + 400W RMS Class D DSP Subwoofer Amplifier
By adding a strong reinforced back plate to stiff the structure of the subwoofer, we make it to sound deeper and clean. A subwoofer is designed to reproduce the lowest of audible frequencies and will give you that spine-tingling rumble effect that takes you out of reality and into the plot. With dual 8" Injected polypropylene woofers, bigger magnets and 350 Watts of power handling, the IWS-88 in-wall subwoofer performs excellently for home theater surround sound applications as well as for listening to music. Like all OSD Audio speakers, the IWS-88 includes a dog-ear bracket system that mounts securely to the sheet-rock after the cut-out hole has been made and the speaker has been dropped into the hole. The grille is paintable to match your room decor and we even include a cutout template that doubles as a paint shield. You'll experience thunderous, room-filling bass without filling up floor space.
Because this is a passive speaker, it will require a subwoofer amplifier to power it, so we have paired it up with our SMP500, which features 400W RMS @ 4 ohms, Variable High Cut Filter 30Hz-150Hz; front panel Knob, and Choice of Signal Level Input or LFE (Low-Frequency Effects).
You'll experience deep, rich and crisp bass while watching your favorite movies, especially action and adventure flicks. A big bang for the buck, features include a front-mounted power meter, back panel adjustable gain and volume control limiter to protect the woofers as well as low-level and high-level pass-through input/outputs to cover newer and old school sound systems. Combining the best qualities of both class A and B amp technologies, distortion is low while efficiency is high, and the SMP500DSP Mono Amp also includes a variable high cut filter that routes higher frequencies to main speakers. This allows subs to concentrate on the low-frequency sound effects for which they are designed and keeps low bass away from your surround speakers for much cleaner highs and midrange.
- Mono Class D Dedicated Subwoofer Amp
- 1000W Peak /400W RMS @ 4 ohm
- Variable High Cut Filter 30Hz-150Hz, front panel knob . Additional Front Panel Control: Phase Switch and Volume Control
- Choice of Signal Level Input or LEF (Low-Frequency Effects)
- Turn On Choice: Music Sensing, Manual On or 12V Trigger
- Adjustable Gain/Volume Control Limiter
- Signal (low level) and Speaker Level (high level) inputs
- 110/220V switchable ETL, CE
Warning: California's Proposition 65
This product can expose you to chemicals including Bisphenol A (BPA) which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Speaker Type: Dual 8" In-Wall Subwoofer
- Woofer: Dual 8" Injected Polypropylene w/ Reinforced Back Plate
- Frequency Response: 38Hz-500Hz
- Power Handling: 350 Watts
- Sensitivity: 90 dB @ 1W/1M
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Inputs: Spring Binding Posts
- Install-friendly Dog Ear Installation Brackets
- Cut-Out Template for Easy Installation
- Paintable Grille Included
- Sold As: Single
- Mounting Depth (Assuming .5" Drywall): 3.56"
- Unit Dimensions: (L x H x D) 11.43" x 18.43" x 4"
- Cutout Dimensions: (L x H) 10.25" x 17.75"
- Weight: 11 lbs
- Warranty: 10 Years
- *Note: Requires Additional Subwoofer Amplifier
- Design Type: Mono Class D
- Peak Power Output: 1000W @ 4 ohm
- Power Output: 400W RMS @ 4 ohm
- Frequency Response: 30Hz ~ 150Hz, +/-1dB
- Impedance: 8 ohm to 4 ohm stable
- Input Sensitivity: 190mV
- Crossover: 40-160Hz
- Phase: 0-315Â°
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 95dB
- Turn on options: Music Sensing, Manual On or 12V Trigger
- 110/220V switchable
- DSP (Digital Signal Processing): Yes
- Automatic source switching
- Input and Output Terminals: Line input, stereo/LFE input, 12V trigger inputRCA input, speaker level in/out, trigger, sub out
- Rack Mountable: Yes
- Remote Control: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.13" x 1.75" x 9.45"
- Weight: 7.6 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years
No Questions asked yet!
© 2003-2020 OSD Audio. All Rights Reserved.