Mobile Navigation
My Account


Call for Support
Home / Product Category / AMPLIFIER / Commercial 70V Amplifiers / Weatherproof External 70V Transformer 8ohm to 2.5, 5, 10, 15, 20W Taps

Weatherproof External 70V Transformer 8ohm to 2.5, 5, 10, 15, 20W Taps

Product code: OSD-EW70V

In Stock
Free Shipping
OSD Price: $14.95
Compare at: $35.99 You Save: $21.04 (58%)
Sold in single 1 = 1 pc
30-Day Money Back Guarantee

Features & Specifications

Turn your standard in-ceiling or in-wall speakers into a 70-volt music or paging system with this high-quality adapter. It's designed for indoor and outdoor use, and all you need to do is plug in your 8-ohm speaker wire. It features an external burial in-line transformer switch with weatherproof design, and the input to output cable seals 8-ohm to 2.5, 5, 10, 15 and 20-watt taps. It comes in an ABS impact-resistant enclosure for maximum protection.


Other Product Info

Allows standard in-ceiling and in-wall speakers to be adapted for use with 70-volt music and paging systems. Plug and Play just plug your 8 ohms speaker wire and it is ready to go.



12 Questions & 13 Answers
from Mexico asked:
September 8, 2016
Hi can I use this transformer for 4 ohm speakers?
1 Answers
HI Francisco: Yes you can use 4 ohm speakers but you then double the values of the tap settings. So if you are using 100 watt amplifier and have 4 speakers. If the speakers were 8 ohm then you could set the tap at 20W x 4 speakers would be 80 watts which would fall at 80% of the available power as recommended. With 4 ohm speakers you would need to set the taps to 10 ohm which would double the tap value to 20 watts times 4 speakers (80 watts as well) that would work. Note if you wire two speakers in series then you are back to an 8 ohm setting and standard tap settings apply. I hope that helps TL/4058 Note: Checkout ProSoundWeb / Forums, see JR; John Roberts comments on the same question
Customer Service - Q&A
on September 22, 2016

from Pa asked:
June 6, 2016
Similar question I have a 70v amp going to 8 ohm speakers, is my amp connecting to the input side and speaker to output? Or vise versa?
1 Answers
Hi Rm from PA: You connect the Power Amplifier to the Input side so signal is coming into the transformer and coming out on the output side to the 8 ohm speaker. Good luck TL/3916
Customer Service - Q&A
on June 6, 2016

from PA asked:
February 25, 2017
I have TIC GS3 Omni garden speakers with up to 100w power, will this really limit the volume of my speakers because the highest tap is 20w??
1 Answers
HI Matt: Problem answering the question with out finding out what is the rest of the story. Are you attempting to connect your TIC speaker to a 70V system (amplifier/Mixer)? The EW70V is used to convert your speaker to a 70V speaker used in a seventy volt setup where you have available power from your amplifier. Are you designing a 70V system and if so how many watts are available to you. Unlike 4 and 8 ohm system where we have to deal with Impedance Matching a 70V system depends on how many watts are available say 100 watts. So the total wattage available for your group of speakers is 80% of the rated power of the Amplifier (100 watts in this case). So if you have 4 speakers each with a transformer with the following 70V taps choices; 2.5W, 5W, 10W, 15W and 20W. You would set each at 20W x 4 would equal 80 watts which is perfect. But lets say you want to add 2 more speakers with the same transformers. You could set all speakers to 10W or 60 total and be within the 80 watt range. But all speakers do not have to be equal or set to the same output. You could set four speakers to 15W and the two new speakers to 10W. You have the ability of adjusting the output of each speaker in the system. The higher the setting the more output. These speakers could be daisy chained together (in parallel). Sorry to ramble on, I am assuming you are doing a 70V system otherwise this transformer would not be for your application... let me know if I can be of additional assistance TL/4233
Customer Service - Q&A
on March 1, 2017

from Miami, fl asked:
May 16, 2016
Hello: I need to install 36 speakers in a garden, and are in two channels, each have 18 units, How I do to make a daisy chained using this transformer, because have not enough space to make the connection inside the sealed clamp?
1 Answers
Hi Gustavo: This transformer is used per each speaker in order to convert an 8 ohm speaker to 70V. You would need 36 of these if you are trying to use 8 ohm speakers for your 70V system. Now if you are already using 70V speakers with built in Transformers then you do not need this component. So maybe you can contact me directly and explain to me more about you system including what speakers and amplification you are using. My contact info is I would be more than happy to try and help you out. It sounds like an interesting challenge. TL/3885
Customer Service - Q&A
on May 16, 2016

from NM asked:
April 23, 2016
Hi Guys, I'm using the transformer to connect an 8 ohm amp and subwoofer to a 70v system. Do I set the switch on top to the source (5 watt/70v) or the output, 8 ohm? I'm assuming the Input side will be the 70v feed and the output will go to my sub amp. Thanks
1 Answers
Hi William: I have been trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish. The first problem is that the EW70V has speaker level input and output. It connects a two conductor speaker wire (+/-) from the amplifier then out to the 8 ohm speaker (mono signal). You are wanting to interface with your sub amplifier which would need signal level then speaker level output to your sub-woofer. The EW70V is mainly used to add an 8 ohm speaker to a 70V system. What is the Sub-woofer Amplifier and Sub woofer your are trying to connect. And what is the 70V amplifier. Most 70 Volt amplifiers have high cut filter that limits the low frequencies making the 70V system more efficient. Maybe check to see if your 70V amplifier/Receiver might have a pre amp output that you could connect to your Sub Amplifier. Good Luck TL/3831
Customer Service - Q&A
on April 23, 2016

Duane M Langlois
from Muskegon MI asked:
May 24, 2015
When hooking up the wire to the Amp I use the Common and 70v terminals and run them to the input side of the transformer. What line from the amp goes to the + side and what line to the - side.
1 Answers
Hi, The common will be the black (negative) and the 70v will go to the red (positive).
Customer Service - Q&A
on June 2, 2015

from California asked:
November 17, 2014
When hooking up the speaker wire to this 70v transformers u have a input and a output. So the wire coming from the amplifier goes into the input or output of this specific transformer? Thanks
2 Answers
Hi Wes, Correct. Are you running a 70v amp to 8ohm speakers or the opposite?
Customer Service - Q&A
on November 26, 2014
Hi Wes, Correct. Are you running a 70v amp to 8ohm speakers or the opposite?
Customer Service - Q&A
on November 26, 2014

from arizona asked:
June 5, 2014
Does the impeadance of the speakers you add to a 70V system with this unit matter?, and if so how does it apply ?
1 Answers
Hi Ross, As long as the speakers are between 4-8ohms you will be good. What speakers are you running? BM 2735
Customer Service - Q&A
on June 10, 2014

from NE New Mexico asked:
August 28, 2012
How do I mount the transformer? I do not see any clips or brackets on the item. This is going to be mounted outside. Thanks.
1 Answers
Hi Miguel, Typically the transformers are buried with the speaker cable underground. We do not carry a bracket for them at this time. You should be able to retro-fit your own mount if necessary. CL/MA 1259
Customer Service - Q&A
on August 29, 2012

from L.A. asked:
June 30, 2012
what are the dimensions- length, height, depth?
1 Answers
Hi Eugene: H: 2 7/8" L: 6" with end caps, 3" without D: 2 5/8" TL
Customer Service - Q&A
on July 2, 2012

from Ann Arbor, Michigan asked:
April 11, 2012
What is the frequency range of this transformer
1 Answers
Hi George: We are assuming this is the Frqency Range...65Hz - 20kHz. We are trying to verify that with our manufacturer. TL
Customer Service - Q&A
on April 12, 2012

from Tampa , Florida asked:
February 15, 2012
Is this connector available in a passive format without the transformer for use with you 8 ohm rock speakers? If , not can this be used simply to weatherproof 8ohm rock speaker connections?
1 Answers
Hi Greg: Have you checked out our AquaBlue Direct Burial connectors, I believethey would be your better choice. The outdoor 70V Transformer is rather big and bulky and three times the cost of a pair of the AquaBlues. TL
Customer Service - Q&A
on February 15, 2012

Product Reviews