FREE 30 DAY TRIAL
Product code: KIT-PAM1270MULTIIR
The OSD PAM-1270 is a major step forward in installation amplifiers technology. It features either Twelve Zone mono channels (70V) or Six Stereo Zones (8/4 Ohm) or a combination of both 70V and 8/4 Ohm
85% class D design technology, can operate as 6 independent Stereo Zone amplifiers. Self-explanatory Input and Output
connections are easy to follow since any of the 12 mono amplifiers can be connected to either 70-Volt, 8-Ohm or 4-ohm speaker circuits.
Each of the 12 mono amplifiers has their own input and output connectors and level Controls. Up to 6 stereo Zones (4-ohm or 70-Volt at 50Watts/channel), 6 mono/bridged Zone amplifiers (110 Watt bridged 8-ohm). Each zone can be configured independently allowing a combination of Stereo 4-ohm or 70Volt and Mono/Bridged 8-ohm. Dual-function LEDs on the front panel provide both activity and Clip indication for each pair of amplifiers. Additional features selectable on the back panel include Six Limiter Button and Six Stereo/Bridge modes for the individual Stereo or Bridged Mono Zones. The Channel Input Line/Bus switch selects between either the Bus Input (button depressed) or the individual Zone's Input signal.
The PAM-1270 includes a RS232 for IP interface with Home Automation Systems Additional features include: any amplifier with no signal at its input is automatically shut off and the CA1250 is Multi Voltage; able to operate either on 110V-120V/60Hz or 220V-240V /50Hz AC mains.
Physical location and mounting
The PAM-1270 is convection cooled. That is, it depends on the natural free flow of air up through the slot perforations in the bottom plate, over the internal heat dissipating fins, then out the top cover, for adequate cooling.
2. The PAM-1270 is designed for mounting into standard 19" (483mm) racks or on flat horizontal surfaces.
3. If mounted in an equipment cabinet or other confining location, allow at least 2 inches of space above the top cover (see Fig. above). Be sure there are large openings in the shelf below the unit and in the cabinet to allow the entry of cool air and the escape of warm air.
4. If the cabinet contains other heat generating components or you are using several PAM-1270’s, you will have to pay even closer attention to adequate ventilation.
5. Do not hesitate to use fans (quiet, boxer type), if necessary, to ensure a constant flow of air through the CA1250's and the other heat generating components.
6. When installing the PAM-1270 in a rack, please use racks that feature rear support provision. Adding a single RU (Rack Unit) above and below the PAM-1270 will improve convection in heavy use applications. [One Rack Unit size = 1-3/4" (44.5mm) in height].
7. In some installations, you may have large bundles of wire and cable to accommodate audio and speaker connections. Be sure to allow enough room for the leads and dress them in such a manner so as not to block airflow.
RS232, IR and Voltage Trigger Lines
Download PAM-1270 RS Commands and Queries Guide to program the Codes needed to connect to an RS232 Controller.
The OSD PAM-1270 includes a full function Remote Control. A custom IR kit is being developed for the interface so you can control the functions of the PAM-1270. the IR codes are available so you will be able to program for a Universal Remote Control. Each Stereo Zone/Bridges Mono features a connector with IR +, Ground, Mute and Status Port
Master Global Trigger In (+3 to +30V DC) and Trigger Out (+12V DC) for turn on of the PAM-1270 or external components equipped with 12 volt trigger. Plus individual Line/Bus Triggers input per Stereo Zone/Bridged Mono Zone.
I am sorry to hear you are having an issue with the PAM1270. Did you pick out the PAM1270 or was it recommended by your Integrator? Can you tell me about your application so I might be able to help you out?