The SSVC4 is low-profile table top volume controls with individual A/B input selectors for each listening zone. The SVC300, a 300 watt autoformer volume control is utilized in each SSVC for uncompromised sound quality and performance. The screw down terminals to 14 gauge cable. The SSVC's feature 16 gauge steel construction with our durable black wrinkle powder coating and gray silk-screening. Compatible with all high-power amps up to 300W, the front-mounted master A/B switch allows you to toggle between two audio sources; for instance, switch from music streamed from your tablet or receiver with just a push of a button.
- Dual source speaker selector that distributes audio from a high current amplifier to up to six pairs of speakers or six separate zones
- Includes individual volume control knobs to raise or lower the volume of each listening zone
- Front-mounted master A/B switch lets you turn sources either on or off
- Play one pair, a combination of pairs, or all four pairs simultaneously and adjust the volume to suit each zone
- Impedance protection allows a single amplifier to safely power several pairs of speakers
- Autoformer-based operates more efficiently than resistor-based selectors
- Compact table top design or fits inside cabinets and equipment racks
- Four individual zone on/off slotted buttons for easy labeling
- Removable input/output connectors provide hassle-free hook-up
- Compatible with all high-current amplifiers up to 300W
- Accepts up to 14-gauge speaker cable
- High quality metal construction
Impedance-Matching Protection Safeguards Amplifiers
To help protect expensive audio equipment, this 4-zone high-power speaker selector includes impedance-matching frequency protection circuitry that reduces subsonic signals so you can safely drive multiple pairs of speakers without going below the amp's impedance ratings which can cause it to overheat or shut down.
Warning: California's Proposition 65
This product can expose you to chemicals, including vinyl chloride, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Speaker Selector Type: 4 Zone Dual Source w/ Volume Control
- # of Zones or Speaker Pairs: 4
- Dual Source w/ Independent A/B Switch Per Zone
- Impedance Protection: Yes
- Speaker Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Impedance-matching Frequency Protection Circuitry
- Maximum Operating Range: 300W
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Input Source: Up to 2 Amplifiers or Receivers
- Input/ Output Connector Type: Spring-loaded Guillotine-style Push Terminals
- Wiring Requirement: Up to 14 Gauge Wire
- Internal Jumper Settings: 1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x
- Autoformer-based Operates More Efficiently Than Transformer-based
- Dimensions (L x H x D): 16.75" x 2.5" x 6.25"
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Warranty: 2 Years
64 Questions asked
What's on your mind?
Eric • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PM How do you hook up the speaker cables to the back of the unit? The instructions describe plug-in connectors that you loosen via two screws on either side of the connectors. There are no screws; it appears the only way to connect is working at the back of the unit. The website and instructions talk about easy to connect with plug in connectors. I looked at a picture on the back of the Niles speaker selector, and it indeed does have a screw on each side of the connectors. Any help/suggestions? Eric
Customer Service • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PMBoth the one Input and two Output connector located on the back panel are removable. The Input connector has 8 inputs to cover both A and B source, Right (-/+) and Left (-/+). There are two output connectors featuring 8 connections as well. Zone 1 - 2 and Zone 3 - 4 both with Right (-/+) and Left (-/+). They conveniently unplug from the unit so you have more leverage to screw or un-screw the individual set screw for each bare wire conductor input. TL/MA
Jose • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PM With dual source, can 2 zones be on amplifier A, and the other 2 zones on amplifier B at the same time?
Customer Service • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PMHi Jose: Yes you can play either Source A or Source B in different zones at the same time. So you could be listening to Source A in zone 1 and 3 while Source B is playing in Zones 2 and 4. The SSVC4 also features an on/off button for each zone as well. TL
Roy • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PM What does the unit connect to?
Customer Service • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PMHi Roy, This speaker selector would input power from your amp or receiver and enable you to connect and control up to four pairs of speakers. It features an individual volume control, on/off switch and a choice of A or B source per each zone (speaker pair). It allows the amplifier/receiver to drive multiple speakers with the proper impedance matching to avoid shutdown or overheating. CL
Brian • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PM Can you use 'up to' 14 gauge wire or 14 only? I already have some 16 gauge wire run as it is only 30 ft. or so.
Customer Service • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PMBrian, The 14 gauge is the largest you could use, 16 gauge is actually smaller so it would work great with this SSVC4. You wouldn't able to use a 12 gauge wire it would be too thick. CL
Greg • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PM Does the SSVC4 Speaker Selector take "Speaker Level" inputs ?? Meaning does the speaker output from my source amplifier get connected to the input of this unit or does the input require line level (RCA jack type) inputs??
Customer Service • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PMHi Greg: The SSVC4 is a passive device that is strickly Speaker Level input, two of them (A & B) switchable per zone. All four zones feature a dedicated Impedance Matching Volume Control per zone. Output is Speaker Level as well. So all connections are using Speaker Wire both from the Amplifier/Receiver and out to the speakers. I hope that helps... TL