The SSVC4 is low-profile table top volume controls with individual A/B input selectors for each listening zone. The SVC300, a 300 watt autoformer volume control is utilized in each SSVC for uncompromised sound quality and performance. The screw down terminals to 14 gauge cable. The SSVC's feature 16 gauge steel construction with our durable black wrinkle powder coating and gray silk-screening. Compatible with all high-power amps up to 300W, the front-mounted master A/B switch allows you to toggle between two audio sources; for instance, switch from music streamed from your tablet or receiver with just a push of a button.
- Dual source speaker selector that distributes audio from a high current amplifier to up to six pairs of speakers or six separate zones
- Includes individual volume control knobs to raise or lower the volume of each listening zone
- Front-mounted master A/B switch lets you turn sources either on or off
- Play one pair, a combination of pairs, or all four pairs simultaneously and adjust the volume to suit each zone
- Impedance protection allows a single amplifier to safely power several pairs of speakers
- Autoformer-based operates more efficiently than resistor-based selectors
- Compact table top design or fits inside cabinets and equipment racks
- Four individual zone on/off slotted buttons for easy labeling
- Removable input/output connectors provide hassle-free hook-up
- Compatible with all high-current amplifiers up to 300W
- Accepts up to 14-gauge speaker cable
- High quality metal construction
Impedance-Matching Protection Safeguards Amplifiers
To help protect expensive audio equipment, this 4-zone high-power speaker selector includes impedance-matching frequency protection circuitry that reduces subsonic signals so you can safely drive multiple pairs of speakers without going below the amp's impedance ratings which can cause it to overheat or shut down.
Warning: California's Proposition 65
This product can expose you to chemicals, including vinyl chloride, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Speaker Selector Type: 4 Zone Dual Source w/ Volume Control
- # of Zones or Speaker Pairs: 4
- Dual Source w/ Independent A/B Switch Per Zone
- Impedance Protection: Yes
- Speaker Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Impedance-matching Frequency Protection Circuitry
- Maximum Operating Range: 300W
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Input Source: Up to 2 Amplifiers or Receivers
- Input/ Output Connector Type: Spring-loaded Guillotine-style Push Terminals
- Wiring Requirement: Up to 14 Gauge Wire
- Internal Jumper Settings: 1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x
- Autoformer-based Operates More Efficiently Than Transformer-based
- Dimensions (L x H x D): 16.75" x 2.5" x 6.25"
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Warranty: 2 Years
65 Questions asked
What's on your mind?
Ken Perkins • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PM Does the input/output connectors accept banana plugs?
Customer Service • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PMHi Ken, The SSVC4 speaker selector with volume control includes bare wire terminals so it will not accept banana plugs. CL/MA 1778
WJL • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PM I am looking at the Yamaha 2020 3 zone receiver. Zone 1 is home theatre. Zone 2 is indoors - living room, dining room, kitchen with 3 pair of speakers @ 8ohms /pair. Zone 3 is outdoors with 2 pair of speakers @ 8 ohms /pair. Would I use the SSVC4 in Zone 2 - will it handle the 140 rms from the Yamaha into 3 pair speakers? The SSVC2 for zone 3? Any jumper changes I would have to make? Thanks
Customer Service • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PMHello, The Zone 2 and Zone 3 outputs are designed for one set of speakers. You can, however, use the 'pre-amp out' into an external amp like our AMP200 to drive a speaker selector. With the AMP200, you won't need to change any jumper settings internally on the SSVC. CL/MA 1864
Sammy • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PM I have a Yamaha HTR-5835 receiver which has an A and B channel output that can both be on/off/or a combination of the two. I plan to hook up the SSVC4 to the B channel on my receiver and connect 4 Pioneer S-IC821D 8ohm speakers. These speakers are dual voice coil in ceiling speakers that play both the right and left channel in each speaker at 50 watts per channel. Can i safely have both the channel A (5.1 surround with 5 speakers) and B (SSVC4 connected to the 4 speakers) safely? Am I missing anything?
Customer Service • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PMSammy, Verify in your manual but that zone two is meant for one pair of speakers and no more. The SSVC4 would be better running off our AMP200, rather than over loading your home theater receiver. You could try it but technically only one additional pair is meant to be ran in addition to A, otherwise it could go into protect mode or best case not give you enough volume. CL 2030
Rich • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PM My receiver has 2 channels. If I want to use the Speaker Selector to control 3 pair of speakers, what is the best way to connect the receiver and selector?
Customer Service • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PMRich, First, you want to make sure your receiver can handle a speaker selector. Search the owner's manual for any mention of this or call the manufacturer direct to inquire about that. Typically a standard 8ohm receiver can't handle anything but an 8ohm load, so a selector can potentially cause it to see a lower impedance load and do some damage. If you can't run one of your receiver, you'll need a high current amplifier, something like our AMP200. You simply run the left and right channel from the amp (or receiver if it can handle it) to the input of the speaker selector, like you would a pair of speakers. -BM 2082
Vanessa • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PM I want to use a sonos system - can I use this with the sonos amp?
Customer Service • 12/17/2019, 2:17:43 PMHi Vanessa: Yes you can use the SSVC4 with the SONOS Connect Amplifier. The internal Impedance Matching Volume Controls will protect you SONOS from seeing a damaging load. Just connect the SSVC4 to the Speaker Right and Left (+/-) outputs to Source A Right and Left (+/-) inputs. Make sure you use the on/off switches per the respective zone to actually turn the zone on or off and not depend on turning the volume control counter clockwise until the music is in audible for that zone. Good choice TS-2232