An in-wall amplifier, the NERO VOX from OSD Audio harnesses the capabilities of Alexa and the Echo Dot and allows you to stream music from room to room without switches, dials, or touchscreens. With its six-inch square flush- mount faceplate, this amplifier provides 40W of power to a pair of in-ceiling or in-wall speakers so you can experience remarkably better sound quality than the Dot’s internal speakers and play what you want, when you want, all with hands-free voice control, or use the exposed control buttons on the top plate of the Echo Dot.
- 40W in-wall amplifier designed to work with the Echo Dot Gen 3 (not included)
- Enhances the streaming audio experience with high-quality sound
- Eliminates dials, switches, and touchscreens for architecturally elegant multi-room audio
- Runs 40 watts (20Wx2) per channel in a 4-ohm load
- Automatically determines 8- or 4-ohm load connection
- Capable of driving a pair of 4-ohm speakers or 1 to 2 pair of 8- ohm speakers
- Ideal upgrade for replacing in-wall volume controls in an existing whole house audio system
- In-wall flush mount bracket holds the Echo Dot securely
- Preserves precious table and counter space in the home or office
- Pair with in-ceiling, in-wall speakers or bookshelf speakers for multi-room audio with voice control
- Discreet flush-mount in-wall design with snap-on paintable trim cover
- Includes subwoofer output to add any powered sub for a 2.1 setup
- Includes Cat 5 cable, Aux input for TVs and smartphones, and mounting accessories
An Elegant Multi-Room Audio Solution
The NERO VOX amplifier supplies 40W of power (20Wx2) and connects to in-ceiling, in-wall, or bookshelf speakers with cables and wires hidden from view. Similar to installing in-wall speakers, the NERO VOX is flush mounted and installs directly into a drywall surface with dog ear clips. The Echo Dot fits securely inside the docking station enclosure, the hidden amp and paintable cover trim blend into any décor. The audio/input/output and power wall plate, which is typically installed near a power outlet, includes dual RCA inputs to add a subwoofer to your sound system as well as a 3.5mm aux input to connect the Echo to your TV.
The NERO VOX in-wall amp transforms the little Echo Dot into a high-performance audio system and unleashes the power of Alexa. You’ll have voice-controlled access to your music library and Amazon Music as well as services like Spotify, iHeartRadio, Pandora, and TuneIn. Add the NERO VOX to the living room, kitchen, den, or any room with speakers and ask Alexa to play whatever you’re in the mood to hear either in a selected zone or throughout the house. [Please note that the Nero Vox in-wall amp is designed to work with the Echo Dot Gen 3 and is not compatible with previous versions.]
Warning: California's Proposition 65
This product can expose you to chemicals, including vinyl chloride, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- AC Input: Multi-Voltage 100-240VAC
- DC Input: 18V/2A
- Signal Voltage: 500mV
- Power Output: 20 Watts RMS, 40W peak
- DC Output 12V/2A
- 4 Ohm Stable
- Multi-Room Capable
- 3.5mm Aux Input (TV, Smartphone)
- Includes 4.5FT Cat5 2-way Audio Cable
- Includes 4.5FT Power Connecting Cable
- Paintable Snap-On Square Trim Cover
Dimensions for Plates and Cutout Holes:
- Trim Plate: 5.9” x 5.9”x .27”
- Trim Plate hole: 3.6”
- VOX Flange Diameter: 5.9”
- VOX Cutout Hole: 4.84”
- Wall Plate: 2.77” x 4.48”
- WP Connector Depth: 2.05”
1 Question asked
What's on your mind?
Paul Carson • 05/31/2020, 11:12:50 PM Any plans to produce this for the Nest Mini? I want to use this in my garage to drive two outdoor speakers.
Customer Service • 06/03/2020, 12:23:00 PMHi Paul: I do not believe so, we are lucky Echo Dot Gen 3/4 with the a clock/temperature digital display is the same size as the Echo DOT Gen 3 but you lose the ability to see the display. TL/6-3-2020