• High power eight-zone/16-channel amplifier that supplies audiophile-level sound to distributed audio systems
• Provides 80 Watts per channel (1KHz into 4 Ohms), 50W Watts per channel (1KHz into 8 Ohms)
• Uses highly-efficient Class D technology that runs cooler and keeps distortion low
• Independent 8-zone control with global and independent zone triggering
• Includes a bridged switch per each zone; both channels can be bridged internally with a single connection (left input) output (160 watts at 8 ohms)
• Special protection circuitry safeguards the amplifier from thermal overload and short circuits
• Includes Bus Global 12V Trigger and Dual Bus Inputs/Outputs
• Signal auto-sensing detects a signal to power up and powers down when a signal is not detected
• Pair with the NERO Link Streaming Module for the ultimate distributed audio setup
• Front-panel status indicators
• Rack-mountable with hardware included
Bridgeable with Independent Zone Control
When used with an audio distribution preamp or matrix processor, each zone can independently drive one of several different sources by using each zone’s line audio inputs, and if a particular area needs higher power, then two zones can be bridged for 160 watts per channel x 2 at 8 ohms.
Designed for Installation Flexibility
The MX1680 accommodates a wide range of audio applications with global and independent zone triggering, audio sense circuitry with adjustable gain/vol per channel, two Bus Inputs/Outputs and independent left and right line inputs per zone. With high performance and ultra-low distortion output, the MX1680
Multi-Zone Amplifier provides unmatched sound quality for any audio system.
Pair with the NERO Link Streaming Source Module and Player App
The NERO Link Streaming Source Module is an ideal match for our MX series Multi-Channel Amplifiers. The streaming module controlled by the OSD Audio Streaming Player App is available for either your Android or Apple smartphone or tablet for access to Spotify, Tidal, Napster, Intune, iHeart Radio, and other options. You can start with a single NERO Link connected to the Bus 1 input or two modules connected to the Bus2 and configured between the available zones. You can even add a NERO Link for each available zone, from one to four for the MX1280, one to six for the MX1280 or one to eight for the MX1680. All or any combination can be grouped through the App for maximum flexibility.
Class D Efficiency
Our MX1680 uses highly efficient Class D digital circuitry. Class D amplifiers use output transistors that are fully turned on or off during operation, which keeps distortion low and efficiency is high (93%). Class D amps combine the best qualities of both class A and B technologies and are ideal for distributed audio and home theater setups because these amps run cooler than traditional amps and can easily run multiple pairs of speakers at a 4-ohm or 8-ohm load.