Features & Specifications
• Includes reliable 2.4GHz digital wireless link for crystal clear audio
• 34-channel selection for signal integrity
• Transmits up to 100 feet (30.5m) distance between transmitter and receiver (line of sight)
• Compact profile keeps kit out of sight
• Includes transmitter, receiver, 9V AC adapter, 15V AC adapter, two stands, to 6ft speaker wire and user guide
OSD Audio’s WRSK250 2.4GHz Wireless Speaker and Subwoofer Kit is a great way to bring 5.1 surround sound to your family or media room without having to run speaker cables from the receiver/amp to the rear channels and powered sub. Compact and easy to install, the kit includes a transmitter and receiver that sends the audio signal from your amplifier/receiver to the rear speakers and powered sub via the 2.4GHz frequency. Now you can enjoy spine-tingling surround sound and heart-pounding bass without having to tack speaker cable around doors and along floor boards or snake cables through the walls or crawlspaces.
What Are the Advantages of Wireless 5.1 Surround Sound?
There’s nothing like watching a movie or playing a video game in 5.1 Dolby or DTS surround sound. To enjoy true 5.1 surround sound, your speaker array should include right and left front speakers to handle music and sound effects, a center channel speaker for dialog, two left and right rear speakers for surround effects and, of course, a subwoofer for bass. Connecting the front channel speakers is typically not a problem because in most home theaters the front speakers are located near the receiver/amp. The rear speakers, however, are typically located behind the listeners and the subwoofer may need to be placed in a corner or other optimal location, depending on your room’s acoustics. This means running speaker cable either along the baseboards or snaking the cables within the wall or underneath the floor, which is not always possible especially for renters. An easier and often less expensive solution is to go wireless.
How Does the OSD Audio WRSK250 2.4GHz Wireless Speaker and Subwoofer Kit Work?
The WRSK250’s transmitter connects to your home theater amp/receiver with RCA cables and plugs into a standard electrical outlet. The WRSK250’s receiver connects to the surround speakers via speaker cables (included) and to the powered subwoofer via RCA subwoofer cable (not included) and also plugs into a standard electrical outlet. The transmitter then sends the audio signal to the receiver over the air via the 2.4GHz frequency, the same reliable frequency used by cordless phones, routers and other wireless devices. Because most households have several other devices operating on the 2.4GHz frequency, the WRSK250 includes 34-selectable channels so you can dial in the most reliable and steady signal. While the 2.4GHz frequency works best line of sight, it’s not critical so you can hide the receiver/transmitter behind a sofa, inside a cabinet or even in another room. Keep in mind that while this is a wireless solution for transmitting an audio signal from a home theater system’s receiver/amp to the rear speakers and powered sub you still need to connect the speakers to the WRSK250 receiver via speaker cable.
Reliable and Backed with a 2-year Warranty
Compatible with most receivers, amplifiers and powered subwoofers with RCA inputs/outputs, the WRSK250 2.4GHz Wireless Speaker and Subwoofer Kit gives you more flexibility when designing your home theater system and relieves the stress over how to bury or hide the speaker cables. We invested a lot of time into the sound quality and integrity of our wireless rear speaker and subwoofer kit to ensure the device transmits a reliable signal with minimal latency or drops, and we back this kit with a 2-year warranty and a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- Design Type: Wireless Amplifier Speaker & Subwoofer Kit
- Peak Power Output: 25 Watts per channel
- Audio Output Level: Subwoofer Out: 2V
Speaker Out: 25W (load at 4ohm)
- Input Sensitivity: Line in: 1v
Subwoofer in: 2v
Speaker in: 10v
- Frequency Response: Subwoofer: 20Hz - 200Hz
Speaker: 20Hz - 20kHz
- 2.4GHz Digital Wireless Link Provides Crystal Clear Audio
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >80dB
- Audio Distortion: <1%
- Up to 100 FT operation distance between transmitter & receiver (line of sight)
- Rack Mountable? No
- Dual Source Switching? No
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 3.9" x 6.9" x 1.6"
- What's included: transmitter, receiver, 9V AC adapter, 15V AC adapter, strands (2), 6 FT speaker wire, & user guide
- Weight: 3.3 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years