Mobile Navigation
My Account


Call for Support
Home / Product Category / Cables & Accessories / Audio Video Wall Plates / WP-2 Terminal Speaker Decora Binding Post Wall Plate

WP-2 Terminal Speaker Decora Binding Post Wall Plate

Product code: OSD-WP2

In Stock
OSD Price: $7.99
Compare at: $8.95 You Save: $0.96 (11%)
Sold in single 1 = 1 pc
30-Day Money Back Guarantee

Features & Specifications

This single pair wall plate will give your room a custom and clean design. Features include gold plated terminals for the best connection possible and decora-style flush mount finish. The WP-2 wall plate accepts 12 to 16 gauge speaker cable plus banana plugs that accept the same gauge wire.


Other Product Info

Complete your custom installation with a custom and clean finish that conveniently connects cables run behind a wall with cables run inside your room. Gold-plated 5-way binding posts are located on both sides to ensure clean signal transfer. We include a free single gang wall-plate, but it is possible to combine multiple Decora-style binding post plates into your own multi-gang wall-plate.



5 Questions & 6 Answers
from Ca asked:
August 25, 2018
Can this be used with a single wire TSR adapter to drive a pair of speakers, providing left and right stereo separation sound effect?
2 Answers
So now we are both confused, I believe the TSR are referring to should be the TRS (Tip Ring Sleeve). The WP-20 is for speaker (high) level connection. The TRS is signal (low) level pre-amplified signal that would need to connect with our WP-RCA featuring two female RCA connectors on the outside. I am trying to confirm the internal connection (found in the wall). Stay tuned, I am hoping to add images to clarify, but at least you know the WP20 will not work for you. TL/5182
Submitted by: Tim Leahy on August 28, 2018
Dear Confused: The TSR Adaptor is for Signal (low) level connection. These are 5-way binding posts for Speaker (high) level connections. We do have a WP-RCA plate with Female RCA inputs. I am trying to verify internal (in-wall) connection, either female RCA or F connector. That is what you will need for your TSR (TRS) adaptor.
Submitted by: Tim Leahy on August 27, 2018

from Denva asked:
March 22, 2016
Being an "Outdoor Speaker Depot", why can't you provide binding post plates that have the posts angled downward in much the same way the binding posts are angled downward on outdoor speakers?
1 Answer
Hi Michael: It is mainly an issue of cost, these plates are universal where the connectors are the most expensive components. The plates are all standard but have pretty good minimum order requirement. It would also be fairly expensive to tool up such a universal wall plate. There are some terminal cups that you can buy that feature angled connectors. These are used by home speaker builders for both Bookshelf and Tower speakers. We will check into what might be available to add to our current lineup. We can check with our factories. Good question TL/3776
Submitted by: Customer Service - Q&A on March 24, 2016

from aust asked:
January 31, 2014
Can you get stainless steel models similar to these?
1 Answer
Hi Lach, Unfortunately no, our terminal wall plates only come in plastic. CS 2465
Submitted by: Customer Service - Q&A on March 7, 2014

from Boston asked:
June 18, 2013
Is this plate for a 1/4" speaker cable connection or am I missing something here? I am assuming it's what they are but the female connector does not appear long enough for 2 male connectors. Thanks.
1 Answer
Hi Felix, The WP-2 wall plate accepts 12 to 16 gauge speaker cable plus banana plugs that accept the same gauge wire. This is a 5-way binding post. When you unscrew the outer barrel, a slot opens up that will easily take anyone of our three gauge wires. 1987 MA/TL
Submitted by: Customer Service - Q&A on June 24, 2013

Wayne Bonett
from Australia asked:
November 18, 2012
Which speaker panel should I use outdoor ?
1 Answer
Hi Wayne, Typically the audio wall plates are not used outdoors. You can if need be but I would suggest using our enclosure to protect the wall plate from moisture. Here is a link to our waterproof box Cl 1389
Submitted by: Customer Service - Q&A on November 19, 2012

Product Reviews