FREE 30 DAY TRIAL
Product code: OSD-TSM8
• Distributes audio from an amplifier to up to eight pairs of speakers
• Manually-activated power protection circuitry ensures amplifier stability
• Provides maximum power handling and ultra-high-quality signal transmission
• Autoformer-based operates more efficiently than resistor -based selectors
• Includes front-panel A/B switch to drive speakers from either of two amps
• Play one pair, a combination of pairs, or all eight pairs simultaneously
• Removeable, color-coded snap-in connectors for easy installation
• Includes custom die-cut labels to identify each listening zone
• Compatible with all high-current amplifiers
• High quality construction with two-year warranty
Designed for whole-house audio systems or commercial/retail environments, the TSM8 is a powerful yet affordable dual source zone speaker selector that allows you to connect up to eight pairs of speakers (eight listening zones) and select the zones with front panel push-button controls. A passive device that connects to a high-current amplifier and is compatible with in-wall volume controls, the TSM8 speaker distribution system also includes dual source switching (A/B) so you can choose between two audio amplifiers as well as individual on/off switches for each zone.
Equipped with Impedance Protection
This high-power speaker selector is equipped with a low-frequency protection circuit to reduce subsonic signals so you can drive multiple pairs of speakers without going below safe impedance ratings. Going below the impedance rating can overheat or even damage expensive equipment or cause the amplifier to automatically shut off. The TSM8 utilizes audio-grade impedance-matching autoformers to safely distribute maximum power throughout your system, and a rotary switch located on the rear panel can be used to set the appropriate impedance to be seen by your amplifier based on the number of pair of speakers connected.
Ease of Use and Installation Accepts up to 14-gauge speaker wire, the TSM8 includes removable 4-pole color coded snap-in amplifier and speaker connectors for ease of installation when terminating. Another feature popular with our customers are the included die-cut labels that can be attached to each button to identify each listening, for example kitchen, patio, etc.
The TSM8 can connect directly to your Speaker Output either A or B. The TSM8 has internal Transformers for protection along with a choice of protection settings depending on how many speakers you will have connected and played at the same time. The question I have are you connecting other speakers to the Yamaha RX-V890 or just the TSM8? And if so, how many and what brand and model of each?