Frequently Bought Together
Click each item to view details and options
What Is an Omni Speaker?
Popular with landscape professionals and audio contractors, omni speakers offer omni-directional, 360' surround sound with no obstructions. If there are multiple people scattered in different areas, the sound is consistent, not mixed. This feature plus the durable nature of the Omni make it a popular speaker for theme parks, hotels, and resorts; however, omnis are also quite common for residential use.
Should I bury my omni speaker to get better sound?
You don't have to bury your Omni speakers but it will enhance sound quality and here's why. The sound comes out of the "mushroom cap" on top of the speaker. When you bury the omni (a few inches above the grille), the sound has a surface to bounce off of--the ground acts like a tuned baffle!
What kind of amplification do I need?
The OS850 is a passive speaker, meaning it will require power from an amplifier or receiver. This speaker has high power handling so you'll want to pair it with an amp that can handle 300W. We suggest our AMP300 high current amp to get the best sound performance from your new omni speaker.
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP) which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Speaker Type: 8" 2-Way Outdoor In-Ground Omni Speaker, 70V Optional
- Woofer: 8“ with 360° Horizontal Dispersion Pattern
- Tweeter: 1.5" Mylar Whizzer Cone
- Frequency Response: 38Hz - 20kHz
- Power Handling: 300W
- Sensitivity: 90.5 dB 1W/1m
- Impedance: 8 Ohms or Optional 70V
- Weather Resistant: All-Weather Versatility
- Optional 70V Transformer for Commercial Application 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25W
- Made with Reinforced Resin Fiberglass
- Rugged Construction can Support up to 250 lbs
- Unit Dimensions: (H x D) 18" x 13.3"
- Sold As: Single
- Wireless: No
- Colors Available: Green
- Weight: 20 lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year
No Questions asked yet!